Junior distributors are allocated smaller rounds of approximately 400 magazines each, and offered no more than 2 routes to complete per delivery. Adults are welcome to apply but priority on small routes may be given to Junior Distributors. (Super Distributors must be 18+ delivering a minimum of 1,500 magazines.)
This is flexible work; it is good exercise and it is a handy way of earning some extra income or pocket money. However it is still a ‘job’ which we are paying for so it’s important that any applicant understands we have a few simple rules which have to be adhered to.
- Deliveries are required six times a year, about 8 weeks apart.
- Magazines and leaflets are delivered to your home – outside so you must have a “dry” space for them to be left by the driver.
- You have 5 days to complete the delivery.
- If you are aged 13, 14 or 15 you need a work permit from the local council, signed by your parent/guardian. We have the right to contact them if we are not satisfied with your work. We’ll organise the form. How much will you be paid? Most routes are in suburban areas and it’s easy to cover 100 homes per hour. For these routes the rate is £9.18 per 115 (we pay the same regardless of your age – as long as the job is done properly, on time – we’re happy). If the route is particularly hilly or houses set far apart, a bit extra is added. Each delivery might include up to 5 leaflets to insert into the magazine before you start the delivery or your magazines may come pre-stuffed. We pay 50p per 115 leaflets (if you insert them yourself) so a magazine with 3 leaflet inserts pays an extra £1.50 per 115.
- A 460 house route should take approximately 4 hours to complete. If you have two routes that’s 8 hours every 2 months. Given this amount of time given we don’t accept forthcoming exams as an excuse not to deliver. It’s good to get out for fresh air and we won’t arrange cover on a one-off based on this reason not to deliver.
- Good communication is as important as actually doing the delivery. If you don’t have a mobile phone and you don’t read your emails, this is not the job for you!
- You are required to download and activate a GPS Tracking App to your mobile, designed for local magazine distribution. Tracking is a condition of payment.