Terms and Conditions
- All advertisements are accepted by Discover Magazines Ltd on the understanding that they are copyright free. This includes any images, logos, photos, trade logos, clip art or any other content that is used in the advert. It is the advertiser’s responsibility to acquire any necessary permissions for the use of any images, logos, photos, trade logos, clip art or any other content that is used in their advertisement/editorial/article/any other content.
- It is the advertiser’s responsibility to check the advertisement and ensure that it is correct at copy approval stage. No responsibility will be taken by Discover Magazines Ltd for any errors subsequently identified (i.e. after copy approval). It is the advertiser’s sole responsibility to supply new artwork or advise of or request changes to artwork by the relevant copy deadline.
- Any logos/images/photos supplied should be a minimum of 300dpi. No responsibility can be taken for the print quality of any image/logo/photo supplied at a lower resolution.
- Any advertisements supplied in JPEG, pdf or any other pre-prepared format will be inserted into a Discover Magazines Ltd publication as supplied and will be assumed not to require copy approval. These files should be supplied at a minimum of 300dpi. No responsibility can be taken for the print quality of any advert supplied at a lower resolution. These files may be re-sized to fit the appropriate space.
- Any advertisement/editorial/article/design which Discover Magazines Ltd has created cannot be used in another publication or advertising medium (e.g. website) without the written approval of Discover Magazines Ltd. A fee will be payable to Discover Magazines Ltd if an advertiser wishes to re-use an advertisement/editorial/article/design in this way.
- Discover Magazines Ltd reserve the right to refuse/edit advertisements at its discretion.
- Discover Magazines Ltd gives no guarantee of the level of response to advertisements/editorial/articles etc.
- Discover Magazines Ltd are unable to offer a refund if no responses are received or below expectation.
- The distribution area of Discover Magazines Ltd may vary at the discretion of the publisher.
- Management reserves the right to refuse publication if payment is not received according to the booking’s terms and conditions.
- Once an advertising package has been confirmed, either by an advertiser signing and returning the order confirmation form or by confirmation by telephone call, e-mail or letter no refunds can be given if the advertiser subsequently decides that they wish to cancel the advertising booking.
- All bookings on the 3+ Ongoing Rate (3 consecutive insertions and automatically included thereafter) are invoiced monthly and payment taken by direct debit. The first month insertion must be paid for at the time of booking, in advance of going to print. Subsequent payments are made by Direct Debit on the 10th day of the month. It is the advertiser’s responsibility to inform Discover Magazines Ltd if they wish to stop running their advertisement. Notification of cancellation must be received 30 days prior to the copy deadline date of the forthcoming issue.
- All 2 or 4 months bookings are invoiced in full. Two months bookings must be settled prior to the publication’s print date. Four months bookings can be paid in two instalments; each prior to the publication’s print date or the date stated on the invoice or by the date stated on the order confirmation form, whichever is sooner and in no circumstances shall the advertiser be entitled to make any deduction or withhold payment for any reason at all.
- If a booking is made on the 3+ Ongoing Rate but the advertiser cancels before completing six consecutive months of advertising, Discover Magazines Ltd reserves the right to invoice the difference between the rate charged and the 2 or 4 month booking rate retrospectively for all insertions.
- Without prejudice to any other rights of Discover Magazines Ltd if the advertiser fails to pay the invoice price by the due date the advertiser shall not be allowed any discount given in that invoice or in any other way agreed and shall pay interest on any overdue amount from the date of which payment was due to the date of actual payment (whether before or after judgment) on a daily basis at a rate of 4% p.a. over the base rate from time to time quoted by National Westminster Bank plc and shall reimburse to Discover Magazines Ltd all costs and expenses (including legal costs) incurred in the collection of any overdue amount.
- Discover Magazines Ltd reserves the right to pass outstanding invoices to an appointed debt recovery service provider.
- Where the term advertisement is used this means any advertisement, editorial, article, or any other material (e.g. community content) supplied for publication.
- If the booking is cancelled, suspended or changed in any way, and then restarted at a later date the management have the right to charge the appropriate rate based on the rate card and discount structure at the time.
- On cancellation of a booking, Discover Magazines Ltd will issue a final invoice and statement showing any outstanding payments due. This may include advertisements already printed even if distribution has yet to start. If you have a direct debit arrangement with Discover Magazines Ltd, payment will be taken on our next payment (10th day of the month. Otherwise we require for payment to be made by card or BACS within 7 days.
Discover Magazines Ltd Office: 6 Brownhill Road, Chandlers Ford, Eastleigh SO53 2EA
Registered Address: 13 – 17 Hursley Road, Chandlers Ford, Eastleigh, SO53 2FW
Companies House Reg: 06289281