Discover Magazines uses distributors throughout the Solent area to deliver our magazines and leaflet inserts. This is flexible work, it is good exercise and it is a handy way of earning some extra income or pocket money. However it is still a ‘job’ which we are paying for so it’s important that any applicant understands we have a few simple rules which have to be adhered to.
This is the basic information you need to know before you submit your application:
- Deliveries are generally monthly or every other month. If you only have a delivery once every other month, you will usually be asked to cover two routes.
- Everything is delivered to your home and once we do the drop off, you have 5 days to complete the first route and a further 5 days if you have a second route.
- The rate depends on the route, but is usually fixed for the route, with an extra payment according to the number of leaflets to include. The exact rates will be confirmed when we allocate a route to you.
- Good communication is as important as actually doing the delivery. If you don’t have a mobile phone and you don’t read your emails, this is not the job for you!
- If you are aged 13, 14 or 15, you will be employed by Discover Magazines Ltd. You will need a work permit signed by your parent/guardian and we have the right to contact them if we are not satisfied with your work.
- If you are 16 or over you are engaged on a self-employed basis and you are responsible for declaring your income to HMRC. We will supply a trolley and a bag for a £5 rental fee (deducted from your first payment), which will be refunded when you stop delivering for us.